Discovery Tour On The Religious Heritage of Singapore
Singapore is a multi-racial and religious country, join us to a tour to discover how a small city state like Singapore make space for the beliefs of so many religion groups. In this tour we will discover how it evolves, how it affects the architectural landscape of the country and forms its social fabric.
After the tour, you will understand the main religions in Singapore and understand how and where they started in Singapore.
I will meet and greet you at Bras Basah MRT exit E to start our journey. We will visit the religious sites of Judaism, Christianity, Hinduism, Buddhism, Taoism and Islam, the 6 main religions in Singapore.
Our journey will start with the early settlement of the Jewish and view its mystic synagogue.
We will walk the street which is highly clustered with churches and view the oldest Roman Catholic church in Singapore. This is one of earliest places in Singapore where the houses of god were built for the Catholic faith.
Next, we will visit a very popular Hindu and Buddhist temples to understand their practices and beliefs.
We will walk the street market where you are able to find lots of profession like to tell your future for e.g. tarot cards, fortune telling, divination lot, palm reading and so on.
We will take a tea break along the way and try the local traditional snack before we continue our journey to discover about the secrets of Taoism ritual.
After that, we will continue our journey to one of most beautiful mosques in the country and learn about the teaching and faith of Islam.
To book, please follow the instruction below.
See you there!
- View the different religious site of Singapore.
- Visit the famous local street, Albert Street.
- The interpretation of Qian.
- The quelling ritual of bad omens.
- Sampling of local tea snack.
Tour schedule for English tour commentary:
- Date: Mon – Sun.
- Duration: 3.0hrs
- Starting /Ending time: 9.00am to 12.00pm 2.00pm to 5.00pm, 5.30pm to 8.30pm.
- Meeting point: Bencoolen MRT exit E street level.
- Ending point: Rochor MRT Station
- Price: $75/pax
Things you should know:
- Inclusion: A professional tour guide, poncho, non-alcoholic drink and light food and snack.
- Dressing code: Casual wear.
- Group size: 2 – 10 paxs max.
- Min 2 paxs to go.
- Where to meet: Bras Basah Exit E, street level.
- Please read our terms and conditions before booking. (Pls refer to last page for term and condition).