The beginning of Immigrants
Singapore is a multi-racial and religious country, it consists of 4 main races Chinese, Malay, Indian and Eurasian, of which, Chinese is the largest community here. This tour will unveil the beginning of the Chinese & Indian immigrants, its first immigration wave to Singapore.
We learn from the tour how and when the first wave of Chinese & Indian immigrants came to Singapore, where they stayed, what are their faith and how they practiced it.
We will meet and greet you at Telok Ayer MRT exit A where Fun Toast is located. Telok Ayer, the docking bay of the island’s earliest Chinese immigrants; the main racial group in Singapore.
In this tour, we will visit the oldest Chinese temple and a national monument in Singapore. We will share with you the Chinese beliefs, customs and tradition and what makes this temple unique.
Chinatown is known as “Niu Che Sui”, which means bullock cart water named after the daily activity here in the past where water was transported using a bullock cart from household to household. But where did the water came from?
Next, we visit Ann Siang hill; a historical place in Chinatown where the clans and trade guild houses are located.
We continue our journey in Chinatown Heritage Centre to get a glimpse of the living condition of the Chinese, their livelihood and trades.
Our tour will end with a sumptuous Chinese food tasting spree at the eatery or hawker centre in Chinatown. A food centre with more than 200 food stalls. Any fans of Chinese food will love to be here. Try out some of our mouth-watering local delicacies like the Hainanese chicken rice, Chwee Kuek, rojak, popiah, roasted pork and ducks and lots more.
To book, please follow the instruction below.
See you there!
- Visit to Thian Hock Kheng.
- Visit to Ann Siang Hill.
- Visit to URA.
- Visit to Chinatown Heritage Centre
- Visit to the heartlands of Chinatown.
- Visit to local hawker centre and taste the best local food.
- Price: $75/pax
Tour schedule for English tour commentary:
- Date: Mon – Sun.
- Duration: 3.0hrs
- Starting /Ending time: 9.00am to 12.00pm 2.00pm to 5.00pm
- Meeting point: Telok Ayer MRT (DT18) exit A, next to Fun Toast Deli.
- Ending point: Chinatown MRT Station
Things you should know:
- Inclusion: A professional tour guide, poncho, non-alcoholic drink and light food and snack.
- Dressing code: Casual wear.
- Group size: 2 – 10 paxs max.
- Min 2 paxs to go.
- Where to meet: Telok Ayer MRT exit A, near Fun Toast Deli.